We are back and bigger than ever for 2016!
Taking place on Friday 29th July to Monday 1st August, this years festival will be full of different activities, workshops, entertainment and performances for you to enjoy. We will be bringing back all the highlights of the 2014 festival, and adding some brand new activities for you to get involved in.
More programme details to be announced soon!
As well as the usual 4-Day Camping ticket, this year we are also offering One-Day tickets for those of you that can't join us for the whole weekend but still don't want to miss out on all the fun!
We can't wait to see you all in Summer 2016!
Sign Circle is a camping festival in hippie spirit with many different activities, workshops, entertainment and performances for you to enjoy. During this weekend you can take part in the programme or simply sit back, relax and switch off.
The reason why Sign Circle was set up is because mainstream festivals are often not accessible for Deaf people, and they do not have the unique elements of Deaf community and culture. At Sign Circle Deaf BSL Camping Festival you have unlimited access in BSL to anything that is going on at the campsite!
What facilities are at the campsite?
- Free toilets and 14 hot water showers
- Charging points for electric wheelchairs and mobile phones
- Small camp fires and large community camp fire
- Variety of hot and cold food and drinks
- Bar serving alcohol and soft drinks
- Free car park
- Entertainment marquees (arts and craft, workshop, performance etc.)
- Other activities
First time camping? Not sure what to bring? Don't worry; we have listed some useful camping equipment for you!
- Camping mattress
- Sleeping bag & pillow
- Blanket covers
- Gas cooker/stove
- Water bottle
- Pans, knife, fork, plates, cups, etc. (We are thinking of the planet - please bring your own plates, cups and cutlery to Sign Circle Café!)
- Tin opener, bottle opener, corkscrew
- Food for breakfast and other meals if you would like to cook by yourself - for those who prefer to buy their warm meals, the cafe will be open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Tea, coffee, sugar, milk
- Bring your own drinks
- Torch – we love head torches!
- Waterproof clothes
- Warm clothes and boots
- Toothbrush, shampoo, soap and other toiletry
- Bags for your rubbish (Please leave the site as clean as you found it - we will organise recycling places for your glass, tins and plastics!)
- First Aid Kit
- Mobile charger
- Spare batteries for torch
- Camping chair
- Toilet rolls / baby wipes